- Irritation causes increased blood flow and skin swelling.
- Friction from our masks causes swelling and breakouts.
- Trapped moisture creates an environment where bacteria can grow which creates and easier place for acne to grow
- The change in environment on your skin (humidity from your hot breath) can cause inflammation and irritation.
- Increased oil production from heat created an environment where skin is more prone to clogged pores.
- Heat promotes an increase in sweat, creating a damp environment.
- Trapped bacteria creates an environment for the skin where acne can grow.
- Ensure you fit your mask to your face where it isn't too tight.
- Cotton: switch to cotton or silk fabrics
- Stay hydrated to ensure your skin responds to the irritations well.
- Avoid wearing makeup so it wont transfer onto your mask, creating congestion.
- Keep your skincare simple
- Wash your mask after each use to remove all dirt and bacteria trapped underneath.
- No Filter spot treatment applied to the acne spots for faster healing.